The motor industry sees several exhibitions, shows and fairs taking place in different countries on an annual basis: A look below at 5 of the best motor shows in the world.
1. Great American Motorcycle Expo - This event takes place in Atlanta, Georgia and draws bikers, motorcycle manufacturers, custom bike designers, motorcycle accessory retailers and chopper designers from all over America and Europe. The expo functions as a launching platform for motorcycle designers, bike builders and features stalls selling motorcycle accessories, bike exhibition stands and competitions. This is a massive show in terms of the space used for the exhibition area, in the North Atlanta Trade Centre.
2. Indonesia International Motor Show - This event is held at the Jakarta International Expo on an annual basis and features 300 different automobile brand names in attendance. Some of the top exhibitors at the event include Hyundai, Pertamina, Mazda and Broquet. It is considered to be one of the best motor events in Asia and records over 250,000 visitors every year, featuring a best car contest and automotive design competitions. Visitors to the show will be able to take some of the cars out for test drives and see the latest designs and car related accessories.
3. Abu Dhabi International Motor Show - This motor show is reputed to be one of the most highly attended automobile events in the UAE and is held at the Abu Dhabi International Exhibition Centre. The event functions as a launching platform and draws most of the biggest names in the automobile manufacturing industry. Given the affluence of many companies and people in the Abu Dhabi area, this show features a lot of very high end and expensive cars including the very latest sports cars and designs.
4. London MotorExpo - This expo is held every June at the Canary Wharf in London and features the latest models of renowned car brands like Bentley, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Mazda, Mini, Saab, Skoda and Volvo. This show has now become one of the UKs leading car shows and the event features a number of live demonstrations
5. Geneva Motor Show - Hosted at the Geneva Palexpo, this annual exhibition has been in existence for over 80 years and features different types of cars including super cars and automobile prototypes. Now in its 80th year, this is normally an 11 day show which attracts people worldwide.